Solved

Inventory Nonconformance processed as STK-INS and then INS-ASM but there is no job for it

• 16 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Trying to locate and if possible retreive parts lost in inspection processing transaction.

We had 3 inventory nonconfomances created for the same part. All were passed in inspection processing. One of the NCRs looks good with a STK-INS and INS-STK transaction. The other 2 have STK-INS and INS-ASM transactions. The problem is that there are no jobs for these to go to. Where should I look to find these parts and how do I get them back into inventory? Part Transaction History shot below.

icon

Best answer by MTPP 23 October 2023, 18:52

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 1

The INS-ASM is defined as:

This transaction records when a quantity passes inspection in the following situations:

• A discrepant quantity returned to a job.
  • A First Article returned to a job.
  • A non-conformance quantity for type Assembly.
  • A non-conformance quantity for type Subcontract

May want to review how the NCs were processed. Did someone okay into jobs?

Maybe look at Part Tracker>ON Hand tab>Part Locations tab>WIP and Retrieve. Maybe that will show some info that may be helpful.

Hope this helps.

Thank you. I have checked the Part Tracker, Lot Tracker, Part Transaction History, All jobs that require this material, and a few other places. I think the inspector must have checked the Job Assembly button although she says she doen’t think she did. Either way I need to find a way to get the parts back to inventory. And would really like to know where they went.

End result was that EpiCare provided a script to correct the transaction and then I ran the Refresh PartBin QOH from PartTran to correct the oh hand bin qtys.