Question

Job completion date question

• 21 September 2021
  • 3 replies

Hello,

We are seeing something I am trying to fogure out a root cause. We will have a job due date of a certain date, but when the job traveler prints, it adds a day, sometimes 2 days to the due date on the traveler. Where can I see the cause of this due date on the traveler?

Thanks,

Arno

3 replies

Userlevel 3

Check under the Part Maintenance screen, specifically Part → Sites → Planning.  At the bottom of the screen you will see two boxes entitled Scheduling and Manufacturing Lead Time.  Receive Time, if it has a value might be driving the extension of days to the traveller.  The other place may be under Resource Group.  I think there might be a setting there to handle Receive Time.

Userlevel 4

Not sure it applies here, but whenever I see discussions of Receive Time I always caution people against using this feature.  On a prior project, the client personnel insisted on a two-week receive time, that actually should have been added to lead times.  The result was severely muddled PO suggestions.  If MRP can’t satisfy LT + RT, then it will suggest orders not be placed until LT days before demand, with no indication to anyone that the order needs to be expedited.  Thanks,

….Monty.

Hi Arno, as others have mentioned Receive Time could be a factor.

Another hidden one could be under the Site Maintenance- Detail- Planning Tab. 

‘Prod Preparation Time’ and ‘Kit Time’ also add days to lead time of jobs.  Check to see if there is anything more than a zero in those fields.