Solved

Job Tracker Serial Number Retrieval - Where does data come from?

• 25 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3

We have manufacturing jobs that spawn what we call “R” jobs, which we use to track Non-Conformance issues with our manufacturing process.

I’m trying to create a BAQ to identify how many times a manufactured item (we use serial number tracking of all manufactured items), has been sent to a “R” job.  When I pull up an “R” job via Job Tracker, I can see the serial number of manufactured item listed under the Serial Numbers tab.

My question is; Where does the information displayed on the Serial Numbers tab of Job Tracker come from?  If I can find the source of this data, I think I can create my BAQ to display the information I am looking to capture.

Job Tracker Screen:

Job number is R3189, and s/n 1534 was the material to the job and the output of the job

Serial Number Tracker:

Current job number is 323210, but I need to know that s/n 1534 actually went to job R3189 to fix a non-conformance issue.

Any assistance with identifying how Job Tracker is able to display the associated serial number with the “R” job would be appreciated.

icon

Best answer by sue.lowden 25 July 2023, 15:50

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 1

if you go to the serial tab and then click into one of the fields like the serial number, then go up on the tool bar and click Help and then Field Help.   a tab will open on the side of the screen, the techincal details tab is what you want, you will see that this field is from the SerialNo table and is the SerialNumber field from that table.  Hope this helps.

Userlevel 4

Without more detailed information as to what you need i would suggest the following tables for the data that you require:

• erp.SNTran
  • erp.PartTranSNTran

These should give you the information that you need