Question

Materials Unit Price changing on quote when Quantity is Added

• 10 May 2021
  • 4 replies

We have had a ticket open with Epicor for some time, and I would like to see if this Group can help me better understand the situation.

We have noticed that for at least one Part in our system, that whenever we are creating a quote and this Part is added as material on a line in the quote;  initially the Unit Cost will reflect what we feel is correct, a value of 0.02537. However, as soon as we enter a quantity (the Qty defaults to 0 initially), and it can be any real number, the Unit Cost changes to 0.01475.

We do not have any Price Breaks set for this Part, and we have the system set up to use the Last Unit Cost associated with the Part. In Part Tracker, we can see that the Last Unit Cost is 0.02537.

Does anyone know WHY this is happening, and how to make it stop? i.e. we believe the Unit Cost of 0.02537 is the correct Cost and we want it to remain the Unit Cost when we add a Quantity.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

4 replies

Userlevel 3

Pricing on our Quotes typically comes from entries in the Price List tables PriceLst and PriceLstPart., and not from any costing.  Different Price Lists can be created and applied to Customers, Customer Groups and Customer ShipTo’s. I would look carefully through all the Price Lists to see if there is an unexpected entry.

Try using the Price List Inquiry tool. Enter the customer from your quote and the part number. The tool should show any price/discount lists being used.

I thank you each for your suggestions. It looks like we do not have any customer specific Price Lists, nor do we have any price breaks nor discounts setup in our system.

Since my initial entry, I have heard back from Epicor regarding this issue. They said that because there is a UOM change (we buy the material in LBS and then make use of it in Sq. Inches), that because there is a UOM change involved that Epicor will first look for a Price List (seems y’all’s instincts’ were spot on), not finding anything it will then use the UOM conversion to calculate the price based on the Price Book that is selected in the Order.

I have since asked how to find/identify/change the pricing information associated with this order (or with this quote) or how can we get it to use the 0.02537 Unit Cost instead of the 0.01475. Which, it has been a couple of days and I haven’t yet heard back from them on that (and I am certainly willing to give them time, I hate a pushy customer just as much as anyone else :)  … I would still like to ask if you all have any additional insight into this?

Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Why not create the price list for the customer with your correct sales price and sales UOM ? It should fix your issue.

As for where it’s getting that price, have a look at the Sales Unit Price in Part Setup.