In Kinetic, the Entry Screens now have what’s called an Activity window. Essentially, Epicor built the Trackers inside of most Entry screens (YEAH!!). Therefore, you don’t have to open a new form to see the related transactions to the job, order, po, etc. Additionally, this allows me to create the entry form customization and not two customizations to the independent forms: entry + tracker.
Create XXX Entry screen customization layer. To apply the Entry Customization Menu Item to the Tracker Menu Item...in Menu Maintenance, find the related tracker click on Actions > Copy Menu to current Company. Now you have a UD Menu Item for the new tracker instance. Change the Program Type to Kinetic App, Select or Enter the Program (ERP.UI.xxxEntry), Select the Customization and Check the Read Only checkbox.
I ran into a few where after changing the tracker menu item to Read Only (pulling the entry UI and customization), logged out and back in, opened the tracker...my customization was there but the form was not Read Only.
Supplier Tracker is the one I ran into.
There is a solution...build an updatable BAQ to set the Read Only.
- Open BAQ Designer & Create New BAQ (something like uBAQ-Menu). Give it a description and check the Updatable checkbox
- Go to the Query Builder-Phrase Build tab and enter menu and move it over to the design area
- At the bottom, add a new Table Criteria: a) Field = MenuDesc b)Operation set to = and c)Filter Value set to specified constant. Here is where you identify the Tracker item that is having issue (IE: Supplier Tracker)
- Display Fields Tab: Company, MenuID, Menu Desc, Arguments
- Update Tab: check the Arguments as updatable
- Update Processing tab: click on Business Object and Ice.Menu should appear. Click Ok
- Analyze tab: click on Get List
- Copy the Arguments from one form (with no company)
- Double click on the Arguments field (with company). This opens the updateable window.
- Paste the arguments and click OK
- Click the update button
- Do this for every instance in the menu the tracker exists (Supplier Tracker = 6).
- Log out of Epicor and back in.
- Open the Tracker and now both the customization is there + the form is now Read Only.
- Note 1: to do this for other trackers, don’t forget to go back to the Query Builder > Phrase Build tab: Table Criteria and change the Menu Desc for the additional Trackers you need to update.
- Note 2: if you make any changes to the customization layer, you have to go back and do this all over again (steps 8-13) with a clean logout and back in.