Question

MES Customizations & MES Tablet Usage with Kinetics

• 25 June 2021
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 3

Looking for insights and information related to the usage of tablets with MES and some specific MES customization.

Customization Question: Our Manufacturing Quality team would like to be able to display a “Countdown” timer, which shows the Estimated Operation time less any accumulated actual time for this operation step the user is logged into, through MES.  Once the time gets to 0, it will start counting up, possibly in a different color, to indicate the operation is over the estimated timeframe.  Does any one have anything similar to this, which has been implemented within Epicor?

Hardware Question:  I have read other topics which companies have implemented either touch screen or tablets within the manufacturing areas, to make it a little easier for the production workers.  I would be interested to hear which devices have worked within your manufacturing areas, and which devices to stay away from.  We were thinking of having a tablet for each manufacturing individual., which has a barcode reader, or connection for an external barcode reader   Our traveler currently contains barcodes which the operators scan to indicate the Job Number, OpStep, they are starting/ending.  I did see something related to a Lite Version of MES under Epicor 10.2.400 and up, that might work well for us, so if anyone is using this application, I would like to hear how well it works.

Thanks for any information you can provide. 

0 replies

Be the first to reply!