Migration to SaaS from On-Premise Solution

• 28 February 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi Everyone,

We are a boat manufacturer whose flagship brand has used Epicor for a number of years.  We are currently on version 10.2 and seriously considering implementing Epicor at our smaller brands which we have acquired over the last few years.  We would be upgrading / implementing Kinetic.

My questions relate to Epicor’s SaaS offering:

Migrating from On-Premise to SaaS

1. Are there any companies out there that have migrated from an on-premise installation to SaaS?
  2. How easy (or difficult) was the migration in terms of: Testing?  Integrations?
  3. Did you “lose” any functionality as a result of the migration?  What functions work differently?  Did you have to come up with any work arounds?

Current SaaS Installations

1. How did you (do you) handle integrations with external systems?  We have a customized order entry system (not Epicor) that we need to integrate with Epicor.

Thanks is advance for your comments.

2 replies

1. Prince migrated from on prem Epicor 10.2 to Kinetic Public Cloud 2021.2
  2. The process overall was very smooth. Epicor allows plenty of time for testing providing your company with 3 conversions. 
  3. The most significant loss was access to the SQL database.  We have moved to more BAQ’s.
  4. We do not integrate with any external systems.  
Userlevel 4

I asked around at Insights last year, and from the information I could learn, the non-access to the SQL server extends to SSRS report developer previewing.  In other words, if you’re developing SSRS reports using the report designer, if your SQL server is on-premise it’s possible to configure the development environment to allow previewing SSRS reports, and if not, you must publish your edits before they can be viewed.