Question

New Part Count Tag in MES>End Activity

• 12 January 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I have a situation where we need to print a “move tag” when an employee does there MES labor entry>End activity. There is a Print Tag button currently but the information my staff wants is not all on the default tag. And they additions are also not on the Data Definition for me to modify the out of the box.

So any tips on how create a new, modified tag and either attach it to the current out of the box button or just do a customization and create a new button? My biggest concern at the moment is how to create a new tag with current end activity information (job, op seq, revision, and next op code or location). The goal would be to have the same functionality as the current out of the box tag but with more and better information.

Any already documented process, instruction, or examples would be appreciated.

Thank you

3 replies

Userlevel 3

If you can’t get the fields you want added to the data definition, you can still create an SSRS report from scratch.  Create report parameters for job/assembly/operation and any information you need from the end activity.  You can then add a button on End Activity that will all the report’s URL passing in the parameter values you need.  

Userlevel 1

Any ideas on how to get the Next operation detail onto a free form report? The field help for this screen does not have binding info

If I add a button through customization to access this report where is that setup? Like in one of the wizards? Or can I somehow update the out of the box Print Tags button to direct it to new report?

Thanks for any additional direction, examples, etc.

Melissa M. Hietala

Userlevel 3

You can look at the tables directly and find this out.  If your assemblies and operations are always in sequence, you can look at Erp.JobOper for the job you are on, order by assemblySeq/OperSeq and you’ll have what you need.  If your assemblies are not done in sequence, then you will need to look at Erp.JobAsmbl and look at the priorpeer, nextpeer, child columns to figure out the assembly sequences.