Non-Part Master Part (Part on the Fly)

• 4 February 2021
  • 3 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

I am interested in how other companies use Non-Part Master Part (NPMP) or part on the fly for a purchased item and if you have more than one buyer, how does a specific buyer see these PO suggestions? 

3 replies

We do this for several different types of parts and processes. We have data directives set up to assign to specific buyers based on the product group that is on the job or order line. We also make the product group a required field so that it always routes to the buyer specified. 

This has worked well for us, since specific product groups are assigned to a specific buyer. 

I understand that buyers can be assigned in Part Class or Part.  But I didn’t think buyers could be assigned to a product group.

If so, how do you do this?

We do it in the data directive with an action. Set the BuyerID field of all rows identified by the XXX query to the XX Expression. 

So we set the buyer id based on the query if the part is in these groups A, B, C set to buyer 1

Then another Set By Query to look at the other product groups, ours has several set by query call outs. 

This is how we do it, I would think there could be other ways, but this is easily updated when needed for us and our logic for this. 

We do the data directive on SugPODtl.Update - In Transaction