Solved

odd error message in invoice entry

• 6 April 2021
  • 6 replies

• Inspiring
  • 26 replies

I have added a tickbox(Cust_Override_c) that is bound to a UD Column in the InvcDtl table

and i get this error message

“Cust_Override_c is neither a DataColumn nor a DataRelation for table InvcHead.”

im curious why this shows up especially when its set to a column in InvcDtl.

this error message doesnt seem to be causing any problems though as far as i can see.

cheers for any help

icon

Best answer by lpb 6 April 2021, 15:49

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello,

Did you regenerate the data model after you added the custom column ?

Dragos

Hi,

yeah i did and ive just done it again just to be sure and still the same error message.

cheers

Liam

Userlevel 1

Interesting thing I’ve just noticed. You added the column to the InvcDtl table but the errors refers to InvcHead so maybe you have the wrong table or field referenced there ?

Dragos

Userlevel 1

Hi

While lots of people say you do not need to stop the Epicor Application Pool to regenerate the data model, Epicor support says you should. I’ve personally tested Data Regeneration with and without stopping Epicor application pool, and some times (not all the times) only if it was not stopped, you have this kind of errors. Try to:

1.  Stop Task Agent
  2. Stop Application Pool
  3. Regenerate data model
  4. Start Application Pool
  5. Recycle IIS Application Pool
  6. Start Task Agent

This is the sequence Epicor support recommended to us.

Confirm that SQL DB on SQL Server has this field in the _UD table.

Userlevel 2

Do you get this error message when you open the application?

Can you post a screen shot of the screen control’s epibiding?

Joe

ahh i found the issue, i had some C# code that was using an invoice head data view instead of an invoice detail one. i forgot i had some code refering to these new UD field.

cheers for your help