Solved

PO Release Status Codes: C, M, O, v

• 9 March 2022
  • 7 replies

Hello,  I am new to both Epicor and EUG.  However, I have worked in a number of systems and with a few user groups, in my 30+ years, so after searching for an answer here, without luck, I am going to ask.

First, my reason for asking is that with all the supply chain issues, and a two person staff being down to one, until I was hired last week, we are very behind in placing PO’s.  We have many shortages for jobs that we would like to release to the floor.  I am working on a BAQ that will identify shortages, any open PO’s, etc.    In doing so, I am trying to determine the PO Release Code definitions.  From the interface, I am finding that C = Closed, O = Open, V =  Voided.  However, M also appears to equal Closed, but there must be something more to it, like perhaps Matched (to an invoice).  Any help would be appreciated. - Todd

icon

Best answer by dinman 9 March 2022, 22:55

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 2

If you’re talking about the PORel.Status field, the description of that field states:

“Indicates the current status of the release. This field is maintained by the System automatically. The possible values are: Open (O), Arrived (A), Inspection (I), Received (R), Consumed (U), Drop Shipped (D), Closed (C), Voided (V).”

Thank you David!  Yes, I was referring to PORel.Status, I should have included that reference.  We have a few M values, which is interesting, but I see there are quite a few more.  I really appreciate the quick and informational response.  Is this information available in any resource I could check in the future? - Todd

I had also thought that M might relate to VMI - Todd

Userlevel 2

I used the Business Activity Query to search for the PORel table, then look at the fields for the description to see what it says. 

I have seen in the past other fields like this one that do include codes like the “M” you mention, that aren’t listed in the description for whatever reason. (Epicor’s field descriptions not being complete is a known issue.)

I did a quick search on EpiUsers forum and found this;

“It would appear that if you receive a portion of the qty but don’t mark the receipt as received complete and then manually close the release it gets the “M”.

Userlevel 3

The Data Dictionary Viewer is one place to look for descriptions for each and every field, once you know it’s table and name. In any user screen, use Help>Field Help>Technical Details to identify the database table and field name for a given textbox on the UI. I believe this is not quite working in Kinetic screens yet.

Userlevel 3

If you are looking for shortages on jobs - checkout Production Planner workbench,

Make sure to run the production planner process first and put the cutoff date out into the future.

The dashboard will give you both status of material by job and also show what parts are short and the demands on the those parts.