Question

Price Lists (customer) to increase the price

• 28 December 2020
  • 7 replies

Sounds a little odd, but I want to create a price list for a specific customer and have the prices increase by a certain percentage.

Is that possible?  We are on Epicor 10.1.400.38.

Thanks,

7 replies

Yes, there are many ways you can achieve that, one is to create a specific pricelist and a Group for that customer then attach the pricelist to that group, or if this reduction will apply to all prices, simply put a discount % on that customer at customer maintenance screen.

Both of those options allow for a set price or a discount. Neither the Price List nor the Discount % field in Customer Maintenance allow me to enter a negative discount (which I would think would INCREASE the price of the Part).

I would like to INCREASE the prices of Parts sold to this one customer by a certain percentage above list.

It isn’t odd. We wanted to be able to do that too, but it is not possible to increase the price, or use a negative discount. I would suggest putting it in the Epicor Ideas site. I would vote for that idea too.

Userlevel 3

Put a list price (sales Price) on the part master at the higher price.

Create another price list with a discount for the various product groups and attach them all to the other customers (or groups) - except for the one.

Like others mentioned, seems like something you can easily achieve with a pricelist for this customer.  Simply have higher prices in the pricelist attached to the group this customer is in.  Pricelist allows you import/export so you can export all your parts into excel, apply the % increase, then import back into the pricelist.  Shouldn’t take more than a few minutes.

Userlevel 3

As per @mbaradosa reply. You can have multiple price lists and attach to the customer. 

These price lists can have the same parts in them and get prioritized as per the order against the customer. If a part does not exist on the highest priority price list the system will check the second and so on. 

The price can be higher in the first price list and lower in subsequent lists. 

If you use the start and end dates on price lists then these also take affect. You could add a high priority price list with higher prices with the intention of temporarily increasing prices.

we have done something like this, created dashboard showing pricelist and the price are updated by percentage (apply margin).

users are associated to each pricelist. only the authorised users will be able to update pricelist.