Question

Production Yield setup

• 14 March 2022
  • 2 replies

We have a job production a qty of 12, we scrapped 4 at one of the operations.

I would like to have the job reduce the quantity to 8.

Is this what the production yield should do?

I believe I have setup the system to recalculate the produciton yield and adjust job quantities. However, the production quantity on the job is not changing.

Am I thinking correctly? Anyone have full documentation on how to setup and process?

2 replies

Userlevel 1

To implement Production Yield Recalculation:

-          Plant Configuration Control settings

-          Operation Production Yield settings

-          All open jobs will need to have the Production Yield box checked

-          New jobs will automatically be checked with Production Yield due to the Plant Configuration Control settings

-          Set the recalculation process to run at the desired interval (we are running it every 2 minutes)

-          use Global Alert for production yield change qty to alert Scheduler/production manager

* Typically for us, “gross” over production is only reported at a few operations so we have those              operations set up to send Shop Warning Alert to notify the Scheduler, who then manually adjusts the job production quantity.

Some things to look out for:

-          Depending on the operation production yield settings, you may not see a re-calculation happen (percentage of change too small)

-          Fixing production quantity on job, be careful how you answer the system prompt about updating original production quantity

-          There is a Limit Production Yield Recalc on Part (Plants/Detail tab); if you use sub-assemblies you may want to review this setting (we do not use this)

-          If you don’t respect the job demand link (I know, why would you not; but unfortunately we still ship partial quantities from stock jobs all the time); time phase still is going to be out of sync

-          Part Advisor (and similar views) – remember that the estimated material and run quantities get updated, so historical estimated costs may be skewed; also, production quantity is the demand link not the original production quantity, so yield appears to be 100% all the time

We’ve recently upgraded from 9.05.607a to 10.2.700.28 and found it operates differently - causing much confusion. Pre-upgrade it would only down-count when ‘scrap’ was encountered during operation completion. Now it also seems to down-count during NCM, which causes us a lot of issues. The NCM goes to DMR and is found to be acceptable - but the job never goes back up, leaving operations with different quantities to the parts remaining on them. We haven’t even got to Serial Numbers yet ! Anyone else been hit by this change in behaviour?

Steve