Question

PUR-SUB one legged journal in Review

• 25 February 2021
  • 7 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

We have a PUR-SUB Transaction stuck in Review Journal. The PO created has two lines - the second line doesn’t appear to have a GL code associated with it. The PO got received in and AP matched an invoice against it so we can no longer reverse the receipt. It is still in an open period.

How can we get this out of review journal and where do i need to go to check links are working, (so WIP Subcontract linked to correct GL code). I have double checked Product groups and they appear to be set up correctly.

I have tried cancelling review journal but it just keeps recurring.

Any ideas?

7 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

What I would do is check the Inventory Transaction Hierarchy doc for the PUR-SUB transaction and see if you have the GL codes listed there set in your system. You’re probably missing a GL account somewhere. 

On another note, I got the same error with a regular PO a few days back and all I did was to go to the PO Release and press Get Default GL account button. Saved, cleared the Review Journal, post it again and it worked. It may be different in your case. 

Dragos

Hi Dragos

Thanks for these pointers! We reopened the PO line and Get Default GL brought the correct account code through. Saved the PO. I cancelled the review journal ran COS/WIP and unfortunately its still in Review - the Review journal doesnt recognise either line of the PO Sub contract code (doesnt see the first line which had a code or the new one just brought in by get default)

Can you tell me where i find the Inventory Transaction hierarchy please?

Lisa

Userlevel 1

Hi Lisa,

You can find it on the EpicWeb, look for the one closest to your Epicor version. I am attaching the one we use. That is basically showing you where Epicor is looking for the GL Accounts when the COS/WIP runs. It is a good starting point for any issues you have with inventory GL transactions.

Dragos

Thanks for this very useful

We have logged a call with Epicor but thanks so much for your help and advice. Will let you know outcome

Lisa

We are still on Epicor 9 -- but I would check the GL Control Code, Type: ‘Inventory, COS, WIP’ and review the account numbers for ‘COS Subcontract’  and ‘ WIP Subcontract’ to make sure there are active account numbers there.

Userlevel 3

Another technique for troubleshooting this kind of problem is to use the RightClick Open With functionality to drill through all the setup screens to the GL Control code, Starting at the PO Line/Release in question.

Another thing that can happen, if you are flexing your division segment on warehouse or Site, is that the combination of all the segments may not exist as a valid GL Account.

Another thing that helps is to be sure that you have populated ALL contexts in the default ‘Inventory, COS, WIP’ GL Control code, with a valid account.  This is a good place to put suspense accounts for when your other GL Control codes fail.

Yet another troubleshooting technique is to turn on the PE Log viewer, post again, and review the results.  This is very hard to read, but generally has the answer buried in the details.

Thanks James I’ve checked and this seems OK. In system set up we had the code which has gone into review journal ticked as global GL Control account. It was the only one ticked which looks odd to me. We tried unticking in Test environment but again still no luck