Question

"Query execution failed for dataset OrderHed" in Order Acknowledgement after upgrade

• 11 May 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

We have just upgraded our Pilot system from 10.2.500 to 10.2.700.

Having a lot of issues with the Order Acknowledgement report. To cut a long story medium length, after overcoming an initial hiccup with a bit of help from EUG members (thank you!) I then started to get the dreaded “Query execution failed” error on the OrderHed dataset, which usually means there is a field in the RDL that is excluded from the RDD. I couldn’t find it.

I ended up copying the standard Epicor RDL as a test form, then added the query fields from my custom RDL to the test one, and added them to the field list also, so the new test RDL ended up the same as the Epicor standard form but with the dataset properties for OrderHed exactly the same as the custom one that keeps failing. Tested it with my custom RDD at each stage and it worked.

Went back to the custom RDL and it failed again, even though the dataset properties are exactly the same. I know I am not looking for a field in the form that doesn’t exist in the query/field list, because if this was the issue the RDL would not save, and it is saving fine. So what is going on here??

1 reply

Userlevel 2

Sometimes new fields, relationships are added which may not be present in your old custom one. If the new custom works, use that.