Question

Scheduling engine assigns inactive resource

• 7 December 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2

Hey all. Last week, I marked a resource as inactive as this machine center is no longer in our building. Before doing so, I went through each existing job that called out that resource and manually changed it to its twi. Global scheduling ran this weekend and now I have 312 operations calling out this inactive resource. Is there a step I forgot to do? How do I keep the scheduling engine from calling out this dead resource? FYI we are on 905.701 Thank you for any consideration

2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi Michael!

Couple things to check… 

System Management / Utilities / Run Generate Shop Capacity (try checking delete shop caps)

In company  config, modules, production, job… check your setting for Global Reschedule Started Operations (might want to clear it if you have it checked)

Conversion programs to refresh (create/rebuild) ShopLoad Table, create/fix shopcap.capacity taotals, recalculate number of machines in Resource Group (sorry I don’t remember the number for any of these)

Remove jobs from schedule and reschedule.

Userlevel 2

Thanks Jean. I’ve already run the Shop Generate Shop Capacity but I didn't delete the shop caps. I will look into this other stuff. Thank you much.