Question

Shipping Report with Order Number and Job Number

• 10 October 2022
  • 4 replies

I am trying to find a link and create a report that lists the shipping pack list, order number, and the job number.   The order number and pack list are pretty straight forward; however I am struggling on finding a link to the job that was used to produce the ship list.  Does anyone have a BAQ that does this? or can provide me the correct linkage path.

4 replies

Userlevel 2

the jobprod table contains the job order links.  Just keep in mind shipments from stock will not show up on your list if there is no associated jobs unless you play with the links. 

Userlevel 3

If you ship right from manufacturing it would be ShipDtl.JobNum.

If not, it becomes a lot harder to get the job number with great confidence. 

Userlevel 4

So the ShipDtl.JobNum will be the job number if nonzero, and a stock shipment if zero.  As Doug said this is only for shops that ship directly from the job to the customer.  Most places that receive to finished goods and then ship from there, the people involved THINK they ship directly from a job but in fact they’re receiving into stock and shipping from there.  Looking for a short-cut, you might look at the last job that was received into stock before the shipment, but if you ship a lot of the same part on the same day, or very close together, it won’t work and you’ll need to dig deeper.

Userlevel 1

We have created such a report. We ship everything from stock and use the job number as the lot code.

I have attached a clip of our dashboard and the query layout