Solved

Site to Site Inventory Transfer via DMT

• 26 April 2024
  • 4 replies

We just added multisite and opened a new site. Our warehouse manager transferred 5+ truckloads of misc parts to the new site, physically, but did not move them in Epicor and they now want me to move everything via DMT. 

I tried using Inventory Transfer, and added the From/ToPlant to the template. It worked, except it appears to be doubling the QTY inside the To Bin in Part Tracker, even though the total OH Qty for the WH is correct, and every other place I check (QTY ADJ) etc, only the correct amount shows.

I have a ticket in but I’m not sure I’m getting the help I need from support.

Do I need to do 3 DMT’s to mirror the Transfer Order/Transfer Order Shipment / TO Recpt process? instead of using Inv Xfer?

Is this an Epicor glitch?

Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by djonason 26 April 2024, 14:39

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 1

info -

have you tried running the Fix Onhand Qty tool under the system management→mfg dist menu?

Calvin

Userlevel 1

“Inventory Transfer” is for bin to bin or warehouse to warehouse within in the same Site.  It is not for Site to Site.  You should reverse what you did with DMT. 

then you have three options to make the transfer: 

1. set up a “shared warehouse,” this would make it so “inventory Transfer” would work... 
  2. create a Transfer Order then pack and ship the transfer order.  This is what the ware house team should be doing manually if you don’t have “shared warehouse” set up
  3. just do a pair of quantity adjustments with an appropriate reason code. 

I would do #3, it’s the easiest. 

I tried to fix the bin QTY but it had no effect. It looks like the Inv Xfer is creating a kind of phantom warehouse that doesn’t actually exist. The Dale Rd WH only exists at XDALERD, nit in MfgSys.

No need to reverse, as it was just in our PILOT env. I wasn’t about to move that much material without testing the process first.

I’ll take a look at the options you gave.

I’m wondering if I can convert the already created WH into a shared WH. I will test that out.

Yes - they definitely should have. I wrote a step-by-step SOP for that process and gave it to them along with a screen capture video of it, so I’m not sure why they though they could just put it on a truck and physically move it without moving it in Epicor...I’ll test using the DMT for the TO/TO Shipment/TO Recpt process as well - though I should probably make them fix their own mistakes to teach them a) how to do it, b) not to do it incorrectly again, and c) a lesson…

I worry about method c because we are FIFO and making sure all the associated costs come out and go back in correctly could be more trouble than it’s worth.

TY for your help

Userlevel 1

I would not try use DMT for this at all. (if it is even possible.) Personalize your list view in Transfer Order Entry, Transfer Order Shipment and Transfer Order Receipt. Then paste insert and perform the 3 transactions.