Solved

SSRS Order Acknowledgement form erroring after upgrade to 10.2.700

Userlevel 1

We have just upgraded our Pilot system from 10.2.500 to 10.2.700. Printed an order acknowledgement to test SSRS, using our usual custom form, and it errored in System Monitor. Error message below.

The message refers to field Calc_AttributeSetShortDesc in table OrderRel. I cannot find this field in either the RDL file or the data def for the report, so I am at a loss as to why it is being referenced. This error does not occur if I print using the system Standard acknowledgement form, and no other forms that I have tested so far show this behaviour. Copied our working custom form from Live to Pilot and retested, but got the same error.

Program Ice.Services.Lib.RunTask raised an unexpected exception with the following message: RunTask:
System.ArgumentException: Column 'Calc_AttributeSetShortDesc' does not belong to table OrderRel.
   at System.Data.DataRow.GetDataColumn(String columnName)
   at Erp.Internal.OM.SalesOrderAck.SetColumnValues(String tableName, DataRow row) in C:\_releases\ERP\ERP10.2.700.0\Source\Server\Internal\OM\SalesOrderAck\SalesOrderAck.cs:line 1641
   at Ice.Core.RptTaskBase`1.RunSetColumnValuesProcess(String tableName, DataRow row) in C:\_Releases\ICE\ICE3.2.700.0\Source\Server\Internal\Lib\TaskLib\RptBase\RptTaskBase.cs:line 212
   at Ice.Core.RptBase.ReportRowDataWriter.WriteRow(IRow row) in C:\_Releases\ICE\ICE3.2.700.0\Source\Server\Internal\Lib\TaskLib\RptBase\ReportRowDataWriter.cs:line 65
   at Erp.Internal.OM.SalesOrderAck.RunProcess(Int64 instanceTaskNum, String outputFileName) in C:\_releases\ERP\ERP10.2.700.0\Source\Server\Internal\OM\SalesOrderAck\SalesOrderAck.cs:line 608
   at Ice.Core.TaskBase`1.StartProcess(Int64 instanceTaskNum, String outputFileName) in C:\_Releases\ICE\ICE3.2.700.0\Source\Server\Internal\Lib\TaskLib\TaskBase\TaskBase.cs:line 83
   at Ice.Hosting.TaskCaller.InnerExecuteTask(IceDataContext newContext) in C:\_releases\ICE\ICE3.2.700.15\Source\Framework\Epicor.Ice\Hosting\TaskCaller\TaskCaller.cs:line 117
   at Ice.Hosting.TaskCaller.ExecuteTask() in C:\_releases\ICE\ICE3.2.700.15\Source\Framework\Epicor.Ice\Hosting\TaskCaller\TaskCaller.cs:line 59
   at Ice.Lib.RunTask.BpmFriendlyTaskLauncher.Run(String sessionIdPrefix, IceContext db, Action taskRunner) in C:\_Releases\ICE\ICE3.2.700.0\Source\Server\Services\Lib\RunTask\BpmFriendlyTaskLauncher.cs:line 63
   at Ice.Services.Lib.RunTaskSvc.InnerRunTask(Int64 ipTaskNum, Boolean suppressTransaction) in C:\_Releases\ICE\ICE3.2.700.0\Source\Server\Services\Lib\RunTask\RunTask.cs:line 454

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 6 May 2021, 15:24

View original

3 replies

We went from 10.2.400 to 10.2.700 and RDDs were pretty messed up.

I seem to recall the one you’re experiencing and the fix was to just add a calculated field to OrderRel in your RDD named AttributeSetShortDesc.

Userlevel 3

The field may be in the query and was removed as part of the upgrade.  You could compare the query in your custom report to the query in the standard.  The standard’s query may have been updated with your upgrade, but your custom reports aren’t.  Those you have to update by hand.

The above idea of adding it to the RDD also works, but I don’t like have unused fields in the dataset.  It dirties the waters over time.  Years down the road you’ll wonder “what is this field that does nothing doing in my dataset?”  Better to clean things up as you go or you’ll never come back to it.

Userlevel 1

Thanks both for the feedback. It turns out that the field referred to by sambetlyon needed to be added to both the OrderRel and OrderDtl calculated fields before the RDD would work.

Fred, I don’t like having unused fields either, but in this case the field wasn’t even in the RDL, but the RDD would not run without it for some reason.

Regardless, I have run into a further issue with this report that is RDL related, not RDD. I will post it in a separate question.