Solved

Start specific programs on Epicor startup

• 20 July 2021
  • 5 replies

Hello all,

Is there a way to start up specific Epicor applications upon login to Epicor, or even start those applications themselves?

For example, our customer service team wants the Parts Display application to open when they log in to Epicor.

We are running Epicor 10 currently.

Thank you,
Lukas

icon

Best answer by t.hrutkay 20 July 2021, 22:27

View original

5 replies

On the Epicor home screen you can go to Settings-->General Options-->Preferences…Then “Tabs”.

Here you can select which DB and Company/Site that you would like to run the DB from on start up. Doesn’t appear to be working with Kinetic homepage.

On the Epicor home screen you can go to Settings-->General Options-->Preferences…Then “Tabs”.

Here you can select which DB and Company/Site that you would like to run the DB from on start up. Doesn’t appear to be working with Kinetic homepage.

That does well for dashboards but it doesn’t open built-in programs.

Userlevel 3

i am wondering if this would be possible when running Kinetic from a browser… I havent tried it, but I do know that in a browser you have options to open multiple browser tabs with favorites. Once you are logged into Epicor in a browser, additional tabs can open without additional login. you can have as many tabs as you desire (and as are practical). 

I still haven’t found a full solution yet. It’s not the end of the world though! I’ll update here if I find anything new. Thank you for all your input.

This may not be the answer you want, but I can open a specific Quote / Opportunity using EWA - Epicor Web version. We are also version 10.

I have the link as a Chrome desktop icon.

The URL looks like this:

https://XXServerXX/EpicorERP10-EWA/Erp.UI.QuoteEntry.QuoteForm.aspx?source=opener&formidx=0&menuID=EQMT2010&ID=111&LangID=enu&UserInfo=net.tcp://XXServerXX/EpicorERP10/~DS~MfgSys