Question

UI Custom Button To Trigger BPM

• 11 March 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4

I’d like to find a way to trigger a BPM (either method directive or data directive) when a custom button is clicked in a UI customization.  Ideally I’d like this to happen whether or not a record is loaded into the form; in fact I’d like one general enough that it would even run in a dashboard customization if possible.

The incoming data will arrive in table UD10 and it will represent bar code scans that must be processed into customer shipment table entries.  I don’t mind creating a customization of Customer Shipment Entry, or the UD10 interface, or creating a dashboard and creating the button in there.  We have all the code samples we need for the creation of the packer records, we just need to know how to trigger a BPM from a UI customization button, even if no record is loaded into the UI form being used.

Thanks!

……...Monty.

6 replies

Userlevel 3

you welcome @mwilson, i have done example for you mate, and this is the code that you need to add within click button event on the UI, ( i selected CheckBox10, you can choose any one but just make sure that it is not in use in any other BPM/UI custmisation for this BO

EpiDataView edvCallContextBpmData = ((EpiDataView)(this.oTrans.EpiDataViews["CallContextBpmData"]));
System.Data.DataRow edvCallContextBpmDataRow = edvCallContextBpmData.CurrentDataRow;
if ((edvCallContextBpmDataRow != null))
{
edvCallContextBpmDataRow.BeginEdit();
edvCallContextBpmDataRow["Checkbox10"] = true;
edvCallContextBpmDataRow.EndEdit();
}
EpiDataView edvUD01 = ((EpiDataView)(this.oTrans.EpiDataViews["UD01"]));
System.Data.DataRow edvUD01Row = edvUD01.CurrentDataRow;
if(edvUD01Row != null)
{
edvUD01Row["RowMod"] = 'U';
oTrans.Update();
}

HTH

Userlevel 4

Thanks one and all!  I will try these.

All best,

...Monty. 

Userlevel 3

Hi @mwilson ,

you can update any CallContext variable in your UI Customisation then capture it on the relevant BPM method as a trigger condition

Sure thing.  Here is something we called from a button click.

WIP is the function library

ExpRePrintSN is the function

// CALL NEXT SN Function
const string apiKey = "uCiKGvweGRfAEPQV4XxdEfPtSVOvMLqJkiJ57qXTf9VaJ";

var restClient = new RestClientBuilder()
.SetDefaultApiKey(apiKey)
.UseSession(oTrans.CoreSession)
.Build();

var functionContent = new RestContent(
new{
JobNum = system.JobNumber,
SerialNo = strSN,
PartNum = system.PartNum,
UserLocation = scan.ScanTo_UserLocation,
ScannedBy = scan.ScanTo_ScannedBy
});

var functionResponse = restClient.Function.Post("WIP", "ExpRePrintSN", functionContent, published: false);

I also have a few examples of working with the response of the function.  If you need help with that ask away.

Userlevel 4

@ken.nash 

Dear Ken,

Thanks much for this!  Do you have an example of calling a function call from a button click event handler?

I’ve remembered that before functions, some people designed auto-run code  in a data directive on the report table to be triggered by a report run, which could be done in my case as well, I think.  I just need some action the user can take, that will run my custom code.

All best,

..Monty.

Monty,

This is what Functions are for.   That way there is no need to tap into a BO just to call a pre-process method.