Question

Updatable BAQ Ship to Country

• 18 July 2022
  • 7 replies

Apparently during original data entry no one entered the Country in the Ship To table. I have created a Updatable BAQ but when I update a record to USA for the country I get the following error.

Country references Invalid Value.

Also, I have 5494 records to update. Is there anyway to update them all at once instead of one at a time. I am on the cloud so I can’t do it on the back end.

7 replies

I believe it wants a valid ShipTo.CountryNum.  That number can be found in your Country Maintenance form.  Also, have you ever used the DMT?   This is a great tool for updating lots of records.  

Ivan

Thank you…. I will look at that. No I haven't used DMT. Not even sure what it is. I am very new to Epicor

I found the number but it didn’t like that either. I will see what I can find about DMT.

Silly question, but it tripped us up once… Did you doublecheck that you have USA listed in Country Maintenance?

Yes, I have a bunch with USA in them already. Not a silly question at all.

In your UBAQ, you need to reference ShipTo.CountryNum instead of ShipTo.Country because CountryNum is the key.  

Regarding, DMT, there is a DMT.exe in your install directory of Epicor.  You will need to have it licensed to use, but it is really a nice tool because it tells you want fields you need to provide to update the record and lets you format your data in Excel (or any CSV).

Funny how it works when you do it correctly. Thanks for the help