Question

What Makes PO Suggestions Not Be Deleted By Regenerative?

• 12 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2

K22.1 Multi-company, multi-plant.

We run Generate PO Suggestions on a schedule, regenerative.  But we notice there are ten records in SugPoDtl that are still there with create dates in the past, some of them months ago.

What can make a PO suggestion record stick around and NOT be deleted by the next Generate PO Suggestions run?

Thanks!

……...Monty.

3 replies

Userlevel 2

@JackieB I think you said “comments are closed” because of a wrinkle in how the web site works.  If you reply to a conversation that was left open in your browser long enough for your session to expire, the system will reject your reply.  Please try again.

This was on a prior project, and I never learned what can make a PO suggestion stay in the table after a regenerative Generate PO Suggestions is run.  It’s happening on my current project as well, although it hasn’t been reported as an issue the question has come up and I’m still curious as to the cause.  I’ll bring it to Insights if I don’t find any answer.

Thanks,

...Monty.

Userlevel 2

@JackieB bump

Userlevel 3

Monty,

We had an issue with Closed jobs still generating PO Suggestions.  My Case No. CS0004013614.​​​​​​, and you can reference it with EpiCare, if you need to.

The resolution for this issue was a FIX program from Epicor to remove records from the PartDtl table.  Here is some of the response from Support:

DATA FIX FOR CHANGE REQUEST 32546MPS - - PM Suggestions Showing for Parts on Jobs that are closed

FX_Del_PartDtl_JobClosed.df

Fix to Delete PartDtl for Closed jobs.

Required Input: Company JobNum PartNum TABLE(S), FIELD(S) AND/OR OBJECT(S) AFFECTED: Table.Field Chg Type Comments PartDtl Delete

Fixes Object Name FX_Del_PartDtl_JobClosed.df

HOW TO RUN THE FIX PROGRAM: Please read the attached Word Document "Running Epicor Data Fix Programs.doc" for complete instructions on installing and running Epicor fix programs. VERSION: 2021.2.26