Question

Automated Entry of Price List

• 20 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi Everyone, Happy New Year!

I was wondering if anyone had a (great) system for automating the entry of supplier prices in the Price List on the Part File.

We have ECM and Forms. I was wondering if we could create a Form that the supplier enters the price and terms in and it will update the price list. I do have someone here who can make a form and set it up to attach to the part using ECM, but I dont want the Quote/Price to just be a document attachment, I want it actually entered in the price list.

I have automated the RFQ process by using a data directive. I have a custom field that can be checked in the Part file and it will send a RFQ email to those suppliers in the DD. They ideally reply to the email with the pricing. If they attach a quote, the attachment is saved on the Part File Document Attachments, but the price still has to be manually entered into the price list.

I know there is ECM Automation available, but it seems to be to be a lot of work to map all my different supplier’s quote forms for Epicor to be able to identify and import. I was thinking if I had a form I sent to the supplier it would be easier.

I am open to all ideas. Thank you!

2 replies

For updating all of our price list or a larger batch of changes, I’ve given our team directions and the 3 templates required to use DMT. However, it does take some getting used to and spot checking before loading. 

Userlevel 1

Another solution will be to use Automation Studio that will allow you to easily do this. AS will give you the possibility to select multiple sources (spreadsheet, csv, external db, other SRM system, other ERP, external api…) and have full control of this workflow. We just build this type of recipe for one our customer comecting iValua (SRM) and Epicor Kinetic.