Epicor Tax Connect (Avalara AvaTax) vs. AdvancedWare AWSalesTax

• 29 March 2019
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4

Hello group!

Is anyone in our group running (or evaluating) either of these sales tax solutions?  If so, would you mind sharing your opinion here regarding either one (or about any other sales tax solution that you might know)?  If you're willing to share information but would prefer not to do so here in the forum, please feel free to contact me offline.  Thanks.

Regards,

Scott Lepley

ERP Analyst

Flight Systems Industrial Products

slepley@fsip.biz

717-254-3747, ext. 269

Visit the new online store shop.fsip.biz  

FSIP is proud to celebrate its 50 year anniversary!
image001.gif@01D3C503.46F0DB40  image002.gif@01D3C503.46F0DB40  image003.gif@01D3C503.46F0DB40  image004.gif@01D3C503.46F0DB40

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Scott,

I am not currently using Avalara, but I have in the past.

I would recommend them.  I did not evaluate any other options however.

If you would like more info, we can have a call.

Doug

------------------------------
Doug Oswald
IT Manager
Insaco Corporation
Quakertown PA
​We recently implemented Avalara with our E10 upgrade.  We file in over 30 states, 18 of which are monthly filings. We implemented both Avatax and Cert capture.  Avalara has really simplified the sales tax calculations and filings. I only have to reconcile one GL account now for sales tax vs. how we recorded sales tax in the past.  It isn't difficult to learn how to use Avalara either.  We did have a few issues with the Avalara support team when implementing but overall the implementation was not bad. If you are filing in several states (including states like CA or TX that have multiple taxing jurisdictions) then I highly recommend implementing Avalara.

John Donley
Controller
McLanahan Corp.
Hollidaysburg PA
814-695-9807
Userlevel 4
Thanks for the feedback, John.  You specifically mentioned the AvaTax and CertCapture services.  Did you also use the Licensing service or did you not need that service because you were already registered where you needed to be registered?  Do you file on your own or do you use the Returns service?  Regardless of which way you file, approximately how many hours would you guess are consumed annually by all of those filings?

Regards,

Scott Lepley
ERP Analyst
Flight Systems Industrial Products
Carlisle PA