FW: System Customizations Tracker

• 13 September 2017
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4

This subject arose during the combined group meeting today and I promised Doug that I would post a message to both groups so that more people would be aware of the availability of this tracker.  You can access the library with the following link:

https://www.epicorusers.org/communities/community-home/librarydocuments/viewdocument?DocumentKey=e05e0bad-18e0-4b1e-a10f-22364f8d299d%3fCommunityKey%3ddf2aacd6-d4fd-42fc-850f-eea2bb5eef97&tab=librarydocuments

Regards,

Scott

From: Scott Lepley [mailto:epicor10@list.epicorusers.org]
Sent: Friday, March 24, 2017 1:41 PM
To: epicor9@list.epicorusers.org
Cc: epicor10@list.epicorusers.org
Subject: [EUG Epicor10] - System Customizations Tracker

Hi Todd,

We have encountered a bit of a problem keeping track of customizations and knowing what needs to be copied from one testing environment to another, or to a production environment.  Earlier this week, I was searching the archives trying to find some ideas and I found this thread from back in August.  As long-time forum participants already know, customization tracking is a topic which has been discussed numerous times over the years (e.g. this thread, the ERP Analyzer thread, the Customization Tracking thread, etc.) and a problem for which users have developed various solutions, just like you indicated in your original post.

Just yesterday, we became a fortunate recipient of a dashboard solution that helps tremendously with addressing this challenge by finding all of the customizations in a given environment.  I also was given the green light to share it in the EUG forums, so I uploaded it to EUG file library.  The author asks only that "if there are any cool enhancements to it, to pass [them] back".  The ERP Analyzer apparently will do more when it is ready for Epicor 10, but in the meantime, this is available.  Perhaps you already solved your challenge and have the catalog that you wanted, but if not, I believe you will like the dashboard since it provides a lot of what you wanted.

Regards,

Scott Lepley

Analyst

Flight Systems Industrial Products

1015 Harrisburg Pike, Carlisle, PA 17013

717-254-3747, ext. 269

800-333-1194

Visit our website and online catalog

Check out our ChargePlus Battery Charger Video!

Sent: Tuesday, August 02, 2016 2:33 PM
To: epicor9@list.epicorusers.org
Subject: [EUG Epicor9] - Form Customizations - Stored in a table?

I am trying to get a handle on the huge number of customizations that have been done here over the years.  While I can go through all the forms in Developer mode I was wondering if that info is stored somewhere that I can query.  Ditto for BPMs.

I want to catalog all the custom stuff so we can later decide A) no longer needed, 😎 can be re-done with tools now in E10.1 or C) re-do with code as a last resort.   I also need to catalog the use of UD fields so we can set them up in E10.1.

Thanks,

Todd Caughey

Epicor ERP 10 Evangelist

Electroimpact, Inc.

Mukilteo, WA

2 replies

Thanks a lot Scott!

EpiCenter Logo

Kevin Dennehy |
Managing Consultant |
kdennehy@epicentererp.com |
C: (508) 838-0766 |
O: (413) 568-1360 Ext. 303 |
1 Arch Road | Suite 6 | Westfield, MA 01085 |

Epicenter LinkedIn

EpiCenter's - Strategic Process ReviewSM
EpiCenterERP

Epicor Platinum Partner

CONFIDENTIAL: The information contained in this email communication is confidential information intended only for the use of the addressee. Unauthorized use, disclosure or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by return email and destroy all copies of this communication, including all attachments.

------
Userlevel 4

If you encounter a "CGCCode mismatch error" when trying to import the dashboard, click the following link for an explanation and resolution:

https://www.epicorusers.org/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MessageKey=7a423578-6d73-4203-b935-c802a8a3184f&CommunityKey=df2aacd6-d4fd-42fc-850f-eea2bb5eef97&tab=digestviewer#bm2

Regards,

Scott

------