Question

PO Suggestions for each demand instance instead of total demand

• 20 October 2021
  • 7 replies

Is there a setting I need to change to allow Epicor to roll all of the demand into a single New PO Suggestion?  Currently I will get 10 suggestions to order the same part due within the same time frame; I would rather receive a single suggestion that tell me to buy 10 each due at the earliest date.

Thank you.  

7 replies

Userlevel 3

I believe your solution is to adjust the Days of Supply setting on the site > planning tab in part set-up lot sizing.  Enter 15 days and any demand should be bulked together for a single suggestion over that 15 day period.  Not an expert though and there are many settings that affect lot sizing that can sometimes conflict.  I would encourage you to try adjusting the days of supply.

Thank you for your reply!

Make sure you are also choosing the “Regenerative” option instead of “Net Change” when generating the Suggestions.  

When I looked at the Days of Supply under Lot Sizing it already has 30 in it.

@ACombs where would I find this option for “Regenerative”?  Our MRP runs automatically 4 times a day, would it be in that set up?

You will probably need to update the run options.  I don’t have mine to automatically run and I do it manually.  Below is the the option I choose.

We are running “Regenerative” and I do have “Days of Supply” covered.