Question

MES - Request Form to Purchase Consumables

• 28 February 2024
  • 4 replies

I once saw a customer’s MES screen that had a form where users on the shopfloor could fill it out and it emailed purchasing department a request to buy consumables.  I’m pretty certain that was a customization. 

I realize there are global alerts and other options to email, but I want to also be able to use it for inner office requests.   I’m curious if anyone created something like this.

Thanks for your thoughts.

4 replies

Have you looked at requisition entry?

Hi Chris, 

I’ve seen organizations do this with the Epicor Advanced Requisitions module. (ARM) 

Have you looked into ARM’s capabilities? I believe it is more optimized for mobile access, such as via the MES screen. 

There are a lot of videos of Epicor ARM on YouTube, but I had this brief one already. 

What does Epicor ARM deliver? (youtube.com)

Thank you for the quick replies. Much appreciated.

I have looked at RFQ but feel the need to simplify it for the shop. Select a part, qty, maybe a little more info and then email the request to a buyer. 

Edit:  I think I can hide a few fields and the RFQ should work.  I was trying not to over complicate the process for the shop.  I have hard enough time getting them to complete a qty! 
Thanks again.

I have used Data Directives to email from multiple places in Epicor.  We use it in Purchase Requisitions, from job header, in tasks to name a few.  I trigger the email either on a customer checkbox field or on the change of a field that is already in the system.