User Defined Field won't new or clear

• 19 January 2024
  • 3 replies

I created a user defined field on JobOps for the subcontract tab.

I am struggling to get it to clear on new or clear.  If I pull in another job number, the last value (8) remains and does not clear out.

Do I need to create a directive to clear it? I ran a trace and see this  Ice BO on clear

<businessObject>Ice.Proxy.BO.UserTracingImpl</businessObject>
  <methodName>GetNewOrGetByID</methodName>

Can any steer me with a visual  BPM example?  This should be simple.

Thank you for your time.

3 replies

Try recycling your App pools again, and make sure you close all the way out of Epicor before you go back in and try again. And make sure in UD Column Maintenance is says the Table is in sync.

I’ve had issues with UD fields in the past where I had to recycle the app pool multiple times before it worked correctly.

You shouldn’t need a BPM to clear it. Assuming you are on at version 10 or later (after Epicor changed the way UD fields are added) and you added a field to the JobOper table (like EstWaitTime_c), and regenerated the data model, I would expect it to follow each record with no special treatment. 

I was able to get it to clear using a predefined UDF aka jobopr.number17 

It just would not clear using the UDF field I created and configured. I’ve built UDFs in the past, never had this issue.  I may try to delete the field and add it again just to check. 

Thanks for your replies and support. I’m sure you know how it feels to expect something routine to just work!  I’m on 10.2.3 upgrading to 12 eventually.

Have a great day!