Are there any custom manufacturers in this group using Epicor?

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

Are there any custom manufacturers in this group using Epicor for your jobs? If so, can we connect?  We are having issues with getting Epicor to work for us in our custom manufacturing section and would like to know how you have solved the linear function/limitation of the jobs/workorders.

20 replies

We are a design-engineer-to-order manufacturer. We struggle with the design-development process and the BOM not fully defined prior to beginning the manufacturing process. Also, our design can fluctuate well into manufacturing.

I’m available for a discussion, it might assist us both!

Jeff Foster
IT Manager
TTF Aerospace
P: 253.736.6320 F: 253.520.6835 C: 253.225.6667
4620 B St NW Suite 101
Auburn, WA 98001
www.ttfaero.comhttp://www.ttfaero.com

From: Brenda Lee [mailto:pac-nw_list@list.epicorusers.org]
Sent: Sunday, February 05, 2017 9:39 PM
To: PAC-NW_List@list.epicorusers.org
Subject: [PAC-NW_List] - Are there any custom manufacturers in this group using Epicor?

Are there any custom manufacturers in this group using Epicor for your jobs? If so, can we connect? We are having issues with getting Epicor to work for us in our custom manufacturing section and would like to know how you have solved the linear function/limitation of the jobs/workorders.

We are pretty near a dead ringer for what Jeff explained below including BOM and full drawing release issues prior to beginning the mfg process. We are working around it effectively for now, but are certainly looking for methods to improve. Jumping in on that discussion might be beneficial for me as well. An initial conference call perhaps then I’d likely include our Planner and Sr. Engineer.

Jared Hundrup

CFO

GROUND FORCE MFG | UNDERGROUND FORCE
5650 E. Seltice Way Post Falls, ID 83854 U.S.A.
Tel: 1-208-664-9291 | Fax: 1-208-664-9475
Email: jhundrup@gfworldwide.com<mailto:%20jhundrup@gfworldwide.com> | www.gfworldwide.comhttp://www.gfworldwide.com

From: Jeff Foster [mailto:pac-nw_list@list.epicorusers.org]
Sent: Tuesday, February 07, 2017 7:38 AM
To: 'pac-nw_list@list.epicorusers.org'
Subject: [PAC-NW_List] - RE: Are there any custom manufacturers in this group using Epicor?

We are a design-engineer-to-order manufacturer. We struggle with the design-development process and the BOM not fully defined prior to beginning the manufacturing process. Also, our design can fluctuate well into manufacturing.

Jeff Foster
IT Manager
TTF Aerospace
4620 B St NW Suite 101
Auburn, WA 98001

To: PAC-NW_List@list.epicorusers.org<mailto:PAC-NW_List@list.epicorusers.org>
Subject: [PAC-NW_List] - Are there any custom manufacturers in this group using Epicor?

Are there any custom manufacturers in this group using Epicor for your jobs? If so, can we connect? We are having issues with getting Epicor to work for us in our custom manufacturing section and would like to know how you have solved the linear function/limitation of the jobs/workorders.

I’d like in on this conversation too. This is the definition of one of our big problems.

Best,

Garrett Mark
Production Supervisor
[access logo 50 percent]
917 134th Street SW | Unit A1 | Everett, WA 98204
Cell: 425-761-2481| Office: 425-582-8674 Ext-121

Subject: [PAC-NW_List] - RE: Are there any custom manufacturers in this group using Epicor?

Jeff Foster
IT Manager
TTF Aerospace
4620 B St NW Suite 101
Auburn, WA 98001

I'd love to join in on this discussion as well! 50% of our business is custom fabricated and our manufacturing process starts well ahead of a the completed BOM in Vista. The company had operated like this for years but we are trying to find other best practices used by other companies in addition to continuing on the path to solving the problem eventually.

Rachel Camarillo
Controller
North Star Ice Equipment

Sent: Tuesday, February 7, 2017 10:34:10 AM
To: pac-nw_list@list.epicorusers.org

I’d like in on this conversation too. This is the definition of one of our big problems.

Best,

Garrett Mark
Production Supervisor
[access logo 50 percent]

Jeff Foster
IT Manager
TTF Aerospace
4620 B St NW Suite 101
Auburn, WA 98001

Hello,

I would like to be involved as well. I haven't been active in the usersgroup, so how does it typically work? Conference calls? Email threads? Who leads these conversations?

Thank you,

Tony Holiday
Business System Analyst
22425 East Appleway Avenue, #11
Liberty Lake, WA 99019
509.921.7447 :: www.telect.comhttps://www.telect.com
From: Rachel Camarillo [mailto:pac-nw_list@list.epicorusers.org]
Sent: Tuesday, February 07, 2017 11:18 AM
To: pac-nw_list@list.epicorusers.org; pac-nw_list@list.epicorusers.org

I'd love to join in on this discussion as well! 50% of our business is custom fabricated and our manufacturing process starts well ahead of a the completed BOM in Vista. The company had operated like this for years but we are trying to find other best practices used by other companies in addition to continuing on the path to solving the problem eventually.
Rachel Camarillo
Controller
North Star Ice Equipment

To: pac-nw_list@list.epicorusers.org<mailto:pac-nw_list@list.epicorusers.org>

I'd like in on this conversation too. This is the definition of one of our big problems.

Best,

Garrett Mark
Production Supervisor
[access logo 50 percent]

I'm available for a discussion, it might assist us both!

Jeff Foster
IT Manager
TTF Aerospace
4620 B St NW Suite 101
Auburn, WA 98001

I would love to be taken off this group chat as this doesn't apply to us.

Thank you.

From: Tony Holiday [mailto:pac-nw_list@list.epicorusers.org]
Sent: Tuesday, February 07, 2017 11:26 AM

Hello,

I would like to be involved as well. I haven't been active in the usersgroup, so how does it typically work? Conference calls? Email threads? Who leads these conversations?

Thank you,

Tony Holiday
Business System Analyst
Liberty Lake, WA 99019
To: pac-nw_list@list.epicorusers.org<mailto:pac-nw_list@list.epicorusers.org>; pac-nw_list@list.epicorusers.org<mailto:pac-nw_list@list.epicorusers.org>

Rachel Camarillo
Controller
North Star Ice Equipment

I'd like in on this conversation too. This is the definition of one of our big problems.

Best,

Garrett Mark
Production Supervisor
[access logo 50 percent]

Jeff Foster
IT Manager
TTF Aerospace
4620 B St NW Suite 101
Auburn, WA 98001

I am also unfamiliar with how these work. Roundtable with beers so optimal to me, but conference call probably would work best.

Best,

Garrett Mark
Production Supervisor
[access logo 50 percent]

Hello,

Thank you,

Tony Holiday
Business System Analyst
Liberty Lake, WA 99019
To: pac-nw_list@list.epicorusers.org<mailto:pac-nw_list@list.epicorusers.org>; pac-nw_list@list.epicorusers.org<mailto:pac-nw_list@list.epicorusers.org>

Rachel Camarillo
Controller
North Star Ice Equipment

Best,

Garrett Mark
Production Supervisor
[access logo 50 percent]

Jeff Foster
IT Manager
TTF Aerospace
4620 B St NW Suite 101
Auburn, WA 98001

Hello Everyone:

Generally speaking, the ETO process is facilitated/managed by a PDM or PLM system depending on the size and complexity. PDM and PLM bring the CAD system (e.g. SolidWorks), engineering process and ERP together.

I would be happy to set up a conference call next week to discuss further.

Kyle Cannon
Sr. Customer Account Manager
O: 949.585.4347
M: 949.444.8687
E-Mail: kcannon@epicor.com<mailto:kcannon@epicor.com>
www.epicor.comhttp://www.epicor.com

From: Garrett Mark [mailto:pac-nw_list@list.epicorusers.org]
Sent: Tuesday, February 7, 2017 11:28 AM

I am also unfamiliar with how these work. Roundtable with beers so optimal to me, but conference call probably would work best.

Best,

Garrett Mark
Production Supervisor
[access logo 50 percent]

Hello,

Thank you,

Tony Holiday
Business System Analyst
Liberty Lake, WA 99019

Rachel Camarillo
Controller
North Star Ice Equipment

Best,

Garrett Mark
Production Supervisor
[access logo 50 percent]

Jeff Foster
IT Manager
TTF Aerospace
4620 B St NW Suite 101
Auburn, WA 98001

Kyle,

Thank you so much for setting up the conference call.  Can I propose Wed Feb 15 9am PST or sometime in the morning?

Brenda

If you invite me, I’d be happy to join the call. I might be able to provide some creative thinking or at give least some assistance with facilitating help through the EUG.

JENNIFER MESIANO
President
[9a885f_14a8cc8798524c6198f25fb51f871382-mv2]

Mobile: 210-740-5942
www.singularcs.comhttp://www.singularcs.com

[CIOReview]

Sent: Tuesday, February 7, 2017 2:39 PM

Kyle,

Thank you so much for setting up the conference call. Can I propose Wed Feb 15 9am PST or sometime in the morning?

Brenda

I would like to participate in the call.   We engineer various machines and automation systems for assembling aircraft.  Definitely all custom and low volume but very large with incredibly complicated many level BoMs.  Thousands of assemblies nested up to 10-20 levels deep.  In particular I'm looking at how using Projects might simplify some of this.  If anyone is using Projects for very large custom deliverable products and have Jobs rolling up within the project I would be very interested in how well that works - or not.

Thanks,
Todd Caughey
Epicor ERP 10 Evangelist
Electroimpact, Inc.
Mukilteo, WA

Just following up.... do we have a confirmed conference call for Wednesday, Feb 15 at 9am PST?  Please confirm your attendance.

Thanks,

Brenda

I will be calling in. Just need the details.

Best,

Garrett Mark
Production Supervisor
[access logo 50 percent]

Sent: Friday, February 10, 2017 9:27 AM

Just following up.... do we have a confirmed conference call for Wednesday, Feb 15 at 9am PST? Please confirm your attendance.

Thanks,

Brenda

Do you guys want me to create a Webex?

Sent: Friday, February 10, 2017 11:28 AM

Best,

Garrett Mark
Production Supervisor
[access logo 50 percent]

Just following up.... do we have a confirmed conference call for Wednesday, Feb 15 at 9am PST? Please confirm your attendance.

Thanks,

Brenda

I don’t have the authority to speak for others in this group, but I wouldn’t mind if you did Jennifer ☺️

Thank you,

Tony Holiday
Business System Analyst
Liberty Lake, WA 99019
From: Jennifer Mesiano [mailto:pac-nw_list@list.epicorusers.org]
Sent: Friday, February 10, 2017 9:29 AM

Best,

Garrett Mark
Production Supervisor
[access logo 50 percent]

Thanks,

Brenda

Just chiming in to this thread! We’re a custom manufacturer who deals with a lot of the issues you’re discussing:

· Non-Linear job routing

· Undefined MOMs at time of production.

We’ve got a couple homebrew solutions, but I’m always interested in learning more from other users (and sharing our own solutions!).

After the WebEx if anyone wants to meet up and discuss the issue, I’d love to join. DKT

David King Traub
Chief Operating Officer
Rainier Industries | Seattle, WA
425-981-1262 | DavidKT@Rainier.com<mailto:DavidKT@Rainier.com>

Sent: Friday, February 10, 2017 9:42 AM

I don’t have the authority to speak for others in this group, but I wouldn’t mind if you did Jennifer ☺️

Thank you,

Tony Holiday
Business System Analyst
Liberty Lake, WA 99019

Best,

Garrett Mark
Production Supervisor
[access logo 50 percent]

Thanks,

Brenda

So we don’t run into seat limitations I’ve setup a Webinar. It sounds like quite a few are interested in this topic.

Please add this to your calendar if you plan on attending. Pre-registration is not needed.

Event:

PACNW Virtual Meeting - Custom Manufacturing

Start Event Now

You can start the event by clicking Start Now.

Send Event Emails

You can send event emails by clicking Send Emails.

Event address for attendees:

https://singularevents.webex.com/singularevents/onstage/g.php?MTID=e4bbedadddf53746e4757168d74520231

Date and time:

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 9:00 am
Pacific Standard Time (San Francisco, GMT-08:00)

Duration:

1 hour

Description:

This will be an informal roundtable session for the Pacific Northwest EUG to discuss the nuances of Custom Manufacturing and how to configure Epicor to fit.

Event number:

664 655 223

Event password:

pacnw

Panelist(s) Info:

Panelist(s) password:

Audio conference:

To receive a call back, provide your phone number when you join the event, or call the number below and enter the access code.

USA Toll Free

1-844-740-1264

USA Toll

Show all global call-in numbers<https://singularevents.webex.com/cmp3100/webcomponents/widget/globalcallin/globalcallin.do?siteurl=singularevents&serviceType=EC&eventID=494560937&tollFree=1>

Show toll-free dialing restrictions<https://www.webex.com/pdf/tollfree_restrictions.pdf>

Access code: 664 655 223

JENNIFER MESIANO
President

[CIOReview]

From: David Traub [mailto:pac-nw_list@list.epicorusers.org]
Sent: Friday, February 10, 2017 11:53 AM

Just chiming in to this thread! We’re a custom manufacturer who deals with a lot of the issues you’re discussing:

* Non-Linear job routing
* Undefined MOMs at time of production.

We’ve got a couple homebrew solutions, but I’m always interested in learning more from other users (and sharing our own solutions!).

After the WebEx if anyone wants to meet up and discuss the issue, I’d love to join. DKT

David King Traub
Chief Operating Officer

Thank you,

Tony Holiday
Business System Analyst
Liberty Lake, WA 99019

Best,

Garrett Mark
Production Supervisor
[access logo 50 percent]

Thanks,

Brenda

Jennifer:

Thank you for setting up the Webinar.

Kyle Cannon
Sr. Customer Account Manager
O: 949.585.4347
M: 949.444.8687
E-Mail: kcannon@epicor.com<mailto:kcannon@epicor.com>
www.epicor.comhttp://www.epicor.com

Sent: Friday, February 10, 2017 10:07 AM

So we don’t run into seat limitations I’ve setup a Webinar. It sounds like quite a few are interested in this topic.

Please add this to your calendar if you plan on attending. Pre-registration is not needed.

Event:

Start Event Now

Send Event Emails

https://singularevents.webex.com/singularevents/onstage/g.php?MTID=e4bbedadddf53746e4757168d74520231

Date and time:

Duration:

1 hour

Description:

This will be an informal roundtable session for the Pacific Northwest EUG to discuss the nuances of Custom Manufacturing and how to configure Epicor to fit.

Event number:

664 655 223

Event password:

pacnw

Panelist(s) Info:

Panelist(s) password:

Audio conference:

To receive a call back, provide your phone number when you join the event, or call the number below and enter the access code.

USA Toll Free

1-844-740-1264

USA Toll

Show all global call-in numbers<https://singularevents.webex.com/cmp3100/webcomponents/widget/globalcallin/globalcallin.do?siteurl=singularevents&serviceType=EC&eventID=494560937&tollFree=1>

Show toll-free dialing restrictions<https://www.webex.com/pdf/tollfree_restrictions.pdf>

JENNIFER MESIANO
President

[CIOReview]

* Non-Linear job routing

David King Traub
Chief Operating Officer

Thank you,

Tony Holiday
Business System Analyst
Liberty Lake, WA 99019

Best,

Garrett Mark
Production Supervisor
[access logo 50 percent]

Thanks,

Brenda

Thanks Jennifer. I and maybe some others at Electroimpact will be joining the call.

-Todd Caughey

Event:

Start Event Now

Send Event Emails

Date and time:

Duration:

1 hour

Description:

Event number:

664 655 223

Event password:

pacnw

Panelist(s) Info:

Panelist(s) password:

Audio conference:

USA Toll Free

1-844-740-1264

USA Toll

JENNIFER MESIANO
President

[CIOReview]

* Non-Linear job routing

David King Traub
Chief Operating Officer

Thank you,

Tony Holiday
Business System Analyst
Liberty Lake, WA 99019

Best,

Garrett Mark
Production Supervisor
[access logo 50 percent]

Thanks,

Brenda

Just a reminder everyone that this is today.

Jennifer Mesiano

On Feb 13, 2017, at 10:01 AM, Todd Caughey mailto:pac-nw_list@list.epicorusers.org>> wrote:

Thanks Jennifer. I and maybe some others at Electroimpact will be joining the call.

-Todd Caughey

Event:

Start Event Now

Send Event Emails

Date and time:

Duration:

1 hour

Description:

Event number:

664 655 223

Event password:

pacnw

Panelist(s) Info:

Panelist(s) password:

Audio conference:

USA Toll Free

1-844-740-1264

USA Toll

JENNIFER MESIANO
President

* Non-Linear job routing

David King Traub
Chief Operating Officer

Thank you,

Tony Holiday
Business System Analyst
Liberty Lake, WA 99019

Best,

Garrett Mark
Production Supervisor

Thanks,

Brenda