Question

Adding images in E9

• 17 August 2021
  • 3 replies

• Known Participant
  • 46 replies

Is it possible to link an image to a part number in E9.05.702A so that it can be pulled into a Crystal Report? We have thousands of unique parts and rely on a lot of custom reports which makes an image helpful. Right now, we have someone printing the reports as pdf’s and then adding images using a third party software.

3 replies

@rgraf - yes.

Give me a shout totomorrow and I can discuss some options for you.  I assume you can access myemail address or pm me.

Roberto.

Userlevel 3

I’m not sure if Roberto was able to help, however, Crystal Reports allows you to replace an image location/URL at report runtime. 

I’ve done what your asking in the past by have a place holder in the report which gets suppressed if there is no image URL/file path supplied. If the URL/file path supplied does exist then the image can be replaced/updated. The URL/file path can be held in a UD field on the part (for example) or you can retrieve the image location from the attachments function, however, the latter is a more complicated solution but may offer more flexibility and lower maintenance.

If you need any more help let me know.

@rgraf 

Give me a shout and I can demo some solutions I use on site and you can perhaps see which solution might fit best for you and your application.

@Tim.Berryman - the solution he suggests is also an option.