ADP for payroll ??

• 21 September 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2

We have been processing our own payroll since vista 3. I am now considering switching to APD. Has anyone switched from in house to ADP? How do you get payroll information to  ADP? Do you still run payroll and send from payroll program or just upload hours from MES?  Where do you get GL entries from?  Is it any easier to use ADP than do it yourself?

5 replies

We switched a few years ago to MassPay.  We still use the labor/payhour entry from Epicor.  We have a BAQ file that we export into excel.  From there we upload that file to our external payroll company.   Our payroll provider created an excel file that we generate after payroll is processed.  Epicor will charge you for the connection for a direct import so I just copy and paste the GL details into a Journal Entry for the payroll.

Hello,

Up until 6 or 7 years ago, we processed payroll in Epicor (and Vista before that.) Now we use ADP 100%. It saves a lot of time processing payroll. It also saves a lot of time and resources not having to print and mail payroll checks and stubs ourselves.

We have an ADP timeclock that automatically sends employee hours to ADP (in the cloud.) We verify and correct the timeclock data vs. MES data. We don’t upolad hours from MES, but I am sure there are ways to do it.

We used to do payroll in Vantage 6.0.  We switched to ADP when ACA requirements came out.  We are now on Epicor 10+.  We don’t store tax info nor deductions in E10, only in ADP.  We still use Time and Expense from E10 (MES) and export that info to ADP.  It works well.  Easy to convert, though I would do at a Quarter just for Quarterly Payroll Taxes.  ADP should advise you on this, I would guess.  We’ve been on ADP since 2014’ish.

Userlevel 2

We bought the Epicor module for ADP when we purchased in 2017.  We really only have one of our sites using the interface with the rest being uploaded to ADP manually.  We discovered that the interface is specific by company and not by site.  We have union agreements by site so the codes, holidays, etc. need to be specific by site.

We are working on nailing down the issues so we can initiate a change request to Epicor.

Userlevel 1

We are currently using ADP for our payroll. We use Epicor MES and Time and Expense Entry to track time and then built a BAQ report that exports to our flat file format for an upload into ADP including overtime and shift differentials. Holidays and vacation are only tracked in ADP and calculates against uploaded data. We get our GL entries from ADP and they are booked manually in Epicor.