Question

An Unposted PO GL Report

• 10 June 2021
  • 5 replies

Has any one ever tried to create a report where you can detail an unposted PO Receipt transactions specifically showing which GL account these transactions would get posted against. 

I’ve used PartTran to get the list of unposted transactions and filtered to TranType PUR%, but then trying to tie that up with the GLs that they should hit is getting a little tricky.

I’m not quite sure which table I should be using to tie up the GL hierarchies. 

5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi

Have you tried Inventory/WIP Reconciliation Report? You can select Only Unposted to the GL and using Filter TAB select transactions by type. What I like about this one it shows you total per GL account on the last page.

If you link part class to gl account, you can get the report by part class.  Use part class on all PO’s

Userlevel 3

I agree with @vshevchenko , the Inventory/WIP report will outline the G/L accounts which will be updated with the transaction.  There is a check box on the first screen of the Inv/WIP report that asks if you want the offset account displayed also.  Checking that box provides both sides of the G/L transaction.

Hi VSchevchenko, I’ve tried the WIP reconciliation but it doesnt give the PO  number specifically, only the Receipt Reference. So I was going to rebuild as a BAQ.

Thanks Jim, I was looking at that but couldn’t find anything to join them together, so I assume theres something obvious I’m missing

Kind Regards

Userlevel 3

The PO Release screen has a field at the bottom to enter a G/L account, which I believe gets stored within the TranGLC table.  The Packing Slip / Receipt Number is stored on the PartTran table.  You can use the Receipt Header & Detail tables to get back to the PO Number and then to the PO Header and PO Detail tables.  The TranGLC table has a unique key which it builds with field names of Key1, Key2, Key3, so you really have to dump this table to determine the key values you need in order to access this table correctly.

Hope this provide additional information that you need to recreate the Inv/WIP report via a BAQ.  This will become a rabbit hole you may not want to start digging.