Question

BAQ Date Restricted Demand

• 3 December 2021
  • 3 replies

Im trying to write a BAQ that only shows the demand for a specified time period. I tried going off the OrderRel Table but then it just spits out multiple lines. What our Planning Department wants to see is Part Number, Demand, Qty On Hand and Released Job Qty. But the Demand should only show for an entered parameter. All of our Jobs are Make to Stock so i think that is getting in the way. Any help would be appreciated 

3 replies

Userlevel 2

Try using the PartDtl table instead.

Once you choose criteria for the right SourceType to filter for demand (for us it’s OR and JM), then you apply criteria to the DueDate field.

Userlevel 2

Are you familiar with the PartDtl table? This is where all the Time Phase info is stored. It incluldes Part Number, quantity, Job Num, Due Date, etc. You might start here?

Userlevel 1

I imagine you would need to do a subquery to sum the different types of demand for a part, (job, order, transfer, forecast.) Then the same thing with parts on a job. Lastly if you have multiple warehouses then the same thing with on hand quantity. So you would have 3 subqueries plus a top level. In my case we have too much data to put this all in a single BAQ without limiting it by Product Group or some other way.