Question

BAQ Grid Refresh on Home Screen

• 20 September 2023
  • 5 replies

• New Participant
  • 2 replies

We aren’t live yet but so far I’m a big fan of the BAQ grids on the web home screen. However, if I have a BAQ with a parameter prompt, every time I leave the home screen and return, it prompts for a value, even though I haven’t selected the grid. Anyone have a solution?

5 replies

Userlevel 4

Have you selected the “Skip Condition if empty” checkbox in the parameter setup window?

Unfortunately that doesn't prevent the pop up, and if the user leaves it empty it populates with all the bins.

Userlevel 2

I can see why Epicor would design the feature to auto-refresh when context switching back to the home screen, but what a conflict with the BAQ parameter feature!  It will be too annoying to leave in place IMHO.  If the parameters are mostly the same between refreshes, you could change your controls to user codes (UDCodes table) or BPM data fields?  That way the user would only change them when desired, and the dashboard would just use the last ones selected upon refreshing.  Downside of this design, you’ll need to design a way to maintain the controls.

Userlevel 1

In an insights session a couple of years ago I was told that you cannot use parameters in a BAQ/dashboard on the home screen. It sounds like you can use it, it just doesn't work well. 

Thanks, any other suggestions for simple grid views?