Question

Cannot see completed cycle counts in count cycle maintenance

• 2 November 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi all,

We’ve just completed our annual full physical stock count.  At the end of the count we posted the counts for two warehouses, which of course automatically changed their count status to complete.  When I tried to then call up the first warehouse again in count cycle maintenance (so I could print the inventory movements report), I got an error stating “there is no row at position 0”.  Before you ask, yes, I did tick both the “Include Physical Inventory” and “Include Completed/Cancelled” check boxes in the search.  Now I’ve played around with it more, I’m finding I get the same error when trying to look at any completed counts, either cycle or full physical, in count cycle entry.  I can run the search and see the list of historic completed counts ok, but the moment I select one the error appears.

Not only is this causing a bit of inconvenience in not being able to access historic counts, it’s also causing quite a difficulty in not being able to run the “print inventory movements” report for the counts we’ve just completed.

Really hoping some wise person in here will be able to help.

Thanks,

Matthew

3 replies

Userlevel 2

Mathew;

I would be concerned on your process for entering and posting the counts.  Do you see the counts in the Cycle Count tracker?

I would suggest putting in an Epicor ticket on this in case there is some data corruption that is causing this. The analysts that I have spoken to are quite familiar with the counting process and can identify your issues.

Userlevel 1

Hi Graeme,

Thanks for replying.

Yes, I can call up all completed counts in count tracker without a problem, likewise I can see all the information in a custom dashboard I created last year, it's purely Count Cycle Maintenance that is giving me the issue.

If I search for specific records of physical counts that have been completed then I see all the results listed that I would expect, but if I then try to select one I get an additional message “The Warehouse has no Physical Count Records”, followed by the “There is no row at position 0” error.  I was able to display the count whilst it was ongoing, the problem has only appeared once the count status changed to complete after posting.  As far as I know the Inventory Movements report displaying adjustments resulting from the count can only be run from Count Cycle Maintenance.  If anyone knows another location I could run it from then I wouldn’t need to see completed counts in Count Cycle Maintenance.

Regards,

Matthew

Userlevel 2

Matthew;

I am not aware of any of our locations running this report.  I did an experiment in our Pilot system and this report is available as a process and could be added to the menu but no selection screen is available.  You could replicate this as a BAQ report and then you would have complete control over how this prints and when.

Did you contact support on this?  They may have some suggestions that would help.