Question

Changing posting rules for Periodic Posting

• 4 January 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi,

There used to be a recording on here of a presentation from Insights a few years ago on how to modify the posting rules to give periodic posting entries more meaningful descriptions. Does anyone have a copy of it, or can it be put back on the site?

Cheers,

Steve

4 replies

Userlevel 4

I cannot find a presentation recording, but perhaps this thread will be helpful…

Regards,

Scott

Hi Steve, I am sending information to EUG to post on my behalf as I can’t add the files here. 

I actually presented on the Posting Rules at Insights 2019.  I provided the Presentation to EUG which includes step by step & screen shots of before/after.  I also found another presentation from the EUG Group that had a higher level on Posting Rules so I asked to add both.

I would start with only changing the Header Rule first and confirm each rule change with the Syntax checker (great addition test in E10).  Also, the Description field is limited to 45 characters so I selected the information pattern needed and then used “_” as my separator for parsing.

Feel free to reach out for additional help / discussion.

Feye L. Woods

Sr. Financial Analyst

Jamco America, Inc.

Work hours: M-F   7-4 (PST)

cell     360.535.2036  (remote)

feye_woods@jamco-america.com

Userlevel 3

Hi @steve.hare 

The documents @feye_woods referred to have now been uploaded to her post.

I’ve reviewed the archives and I believe the webinar you mention is ‘Modify Posting Rules - Periodic Posting’. This is available in the Webinar archive. If the link doesn’t display the correct webinar it can be found in the Epicor ERP Finance Group (once you’ve selected the group you can use the search option).

Tim​​​​​​

Thanks Tim for adding.

Files are as follows:

DATA MAP (Table / Field references / workflow) E10 (2016) note there are some additional files.

EUG Posting Rules - Presentation (Higher level)