Solved

Client Version Mismatch with Cloud Server (11.1.200.5)

• 9 November 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3

Looks like they updated the cloud server and my client no longer matches. 

Usually when I log in if there is a need for updates it starts copying client files but I can’t see a way to trigger that.  I looked in the C:\Epicor\GOV\2xxxx-LIVE\Client folder but did not see anything except AutoUpdate which gave me an error about not finding default.sysconfig in the config subfolder.  There is one there but it is prefixed with our SaaS instance number.

I know I have resolved this before but never for a Cloud setup.  Any hints?  I’m dead in the water.

Thanks,
-Todd C.

icon

Best answer by dinman 9 November 2021, 19:46

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 2

We’ve had this happen a few times and we’ve had to reinstall the client to resolve it.

Userlevel 3

Is there a specific places to re-install the client?  I can’t find it anywhere on my laptop.  It was configured for me by corporate IT people before it was shipped to me.

Userlevel 3

Never mind.  I seem to have found it in Downloads.  Install now running.

Userlevel 2

Cloud has a download portal: https://download.epicorsaas.com/ where you enter your Site ID, then choose the environment that you need, then download the installer and run it. Of course, your ability to run the installer depends on your org’s read/write policies; you may need an Admin to do it.

I’m not sure if the installer just puts it on your desktop or if that’s where our IT has designated it goes, but I’d guess that it will install wherever your current install is located.

Userlevel 2

When the cloud updates we have a few installs that have issues.

A simple solution we have found - open the other App.

We install both MES and Epicor, so if Epicor fails - we open MES, and vice versa.  

For whatever reason, once the other App opens, the first one is fine.   It saves re-installing.

cch