Question

Credit Cards (PayPal) and Kinetic

• 12 December 2023
  • 2 replies

We are currently on 10.1.400.38 and using Credit Card Processing through PayPal.

As we test Kinetic SaaS for go live in the spring, it’s time to work on Credit Card Processing. I have a few issues

1. I’m in Credit Card Configuration and don’t see the Pay Flow Pro via SDM option on the dropdown for Gateway.
  2. When we initially testing Epicor 10.1.400 back in 2016, we had to change a config file on our server to indicate that we were in a test environment and then change it back at go live. How do we do that if we are SaaS? 

Can someone who has been through testing credit card processing in Kinetic SaaS give me some insight into how to get setup for testing?

2 replies

Userlevel 4

Hi Karen.  I cannot help you regarding issue #2, but I can tell you that Secure Data Manager (SDM) is no longer an option.  Back in 2018, Epicor stopped distributing and supporting SDM and introduced new functionalities of their own.  I believe these are now known as Epicor Payment Application, Epicor Payment Gateway and Epicor Payment Exchange.  See EpicCare Knowledge Base article KB0040589.

Regards,

Thanks Scott. Funny Epicor Tech Support didn’t mention that article when I submitted two tickets saying I don’t have SDM as a choice.  Anyway, this let me get a little further than I was before.