Solved

Delete Posted AP Batch

• 30 December 2020
  • 4 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

Greetings everyone! 

We are on the current cloud version of Epicor.  We had an error on our fiscal period and need to DELETE a posted AP Batch.  

Our Fiscal Year Ends June 2021, so Fiscal Year 2021 Period 6 is December 2020, Period 7 is January 2021 etc.

Fiscal Period 6 was has a typo saying 12/1/2020 - 12/31/2021.  There is only one AP Invoice Batch posted at this time in January 2021.  I need to be able to delete it, not just reverse it, in order to correct the fiscal period 6 to 12/1/2020 - 12/31/2020.  I backed off fiscal period 7 etc for 2021 as they were stating incorrectly to be in 2022 rather than 2021.  Once I can delete the batch, I should be able to correct the fiscal period dates and crisis will be averted.  

Does anyone know how to DELETE a POSTED Batch?  Or is there another way of correcting this?  

Month end will be here too soon!  

Thank you so much for any advice you can provide!  

Smiles, 

Joy 

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 31 December 2020, 01:45

View original

4 replies

Added info that further complicates this problem - the invoices posted for January 2021 were paid already in December 2020.

You cannot delete a posted batch. that is a fundamental. however, you can change the calendar

Although i haven’t touched this in a while, it is my understanding GL PERIOD values are adjusted when the FISCAL CALENDAR is changed.   Then run the VERIFY BALANCES fix

Although Don't trust me . Make the change to your calendar in TEST and try it there. Dont hestitate to delete the entire year and recreate it.

The system is Sox compliant, you can’t un-post or change a posted GL entry. All you can do is make additional entries to place the GL accounts back to the correct state with notes that any auditor can follow. In this case, a correcting manual journal entry to remove the unwanted entries and then recreate the original items. I’m assuming you are referring to a posted AP Invoice Batch and not an AP Payment. In the case the correcting entry in the future period needs to DR the unwanted payable and CR either the clearing account or the inventory/expense account depending on the item(s). Then setup a new miscellaneous invoice in the correct fiscal period to mimic the incorrectly posted item. 

Thank you both!  I wasn’t able to delete the fiscal period but I oddly could delete the fiscal year.  So I performed in pilot - reopened periods 1-5, deleted the fiscal year, set up the fiscal year again and generated the fiscal periods 1-12.  Then I ran the TB for period 5 and it was flawless with TB from when I closed period 5.  Then ran TB for period 7 to confirm items that should be period 7 did indeed go to period 6, which they did.   So I will just do a RE to move the AP batch from Period 6 to period 7 and all should be good.  
And of course I have the full audit trail and everything is documented.  

Whew!  Just in time for month end close!  
Happy New Year!!!