Question

Dynamic MOH levels

• 1 March 2021
  • 2 replies

Hello,

Is it possible to provide Epicor with a certain numbers of parameters and have it re-calculate your MOH levels? I am looking into the possibility of automating this process.

Thanks,

Arno

2 replies

Userlevel 4

Hi Arno,

Have you tried using the following values in Part Maintenance...

...and then running the Min Max Safety Mass Update function?

Regards,
Scott

The Min Max Safety calcs in Epicor will dynamically compute your MOH using historical averages. So, if your history window is 365 then it will compute the Min based on the average daily demand over those 365 days x the lead time days.  Safety factor is a percentage of the Min.  So if you enter 50 as the Safety Factor, it will generate a unit SS = 50% of the Min.  Same with Max which is the “order up to level.”   These configurations will then re-compute dynamically. 

If you want to risk adjust the safety stocks or reorder point (Min + Safety) to target service levels (i.e., I want a reorder point that will meet demand at least 95% of the time) then you’ll need a third party package. Ask your CAM to set up a demo of the ISV solutions or just check out www.smartcorp.com and www.forecastpro.com.  Smart has statistical forecasting is integrated with Epicor via API and has  additional reporting and features for inventory planning.  Forecast Pro is great for statistical forecasting and lacks an API integration.   .