Question

E9 - Job Tracker Operation Production Hours versus Labor Transactions

• 2 April 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3

Our cost accounting people track labor efficiency very closely and have asked me why in Job Tracker for an operation the Actual Hours under Production per Machine is different that the sum of the Labor Hours under the Labor Transactions tab.   In one case 15.84 and 12.89 respectively.  I looked at the help for the Actual Hours in the Operation Production Per Machine section and nothing there seemed to apply.  We had no re-work and there is no Burden involved.  To their mind the sum of the labor transactions should always equal the total for the operation.  I was thinking these may be apples & oranges items but they said that aside from the odd discrepancy they are always the same.

Any thoughts on what would make them different?  

Thanks,
Todd Caughey
Ametek-Mocon
Brooklyn Park, MN

2 replies

If your guys are logging into more than one operation at a time and you are splitting labor hours, depending on how you choose to split those labor hours, this could make the two not match.

Ed

Userlevel 3

That’s it.  The operation is to check out a newly built machine (gas analyzer) and while it is measuring gas transmission they go to another new-build  (on another job) and check it out too.  Looks like I will need to “fix” the BAQ that was picking up the “actual” hours and sum up the labor transaction instead.  Thanks Ed for the tip.

-Todd