Question

EMWW 2d barcode scans

• 21 June 2021
  • 5 replies

hi

if we have a 2d barcode on our product, how can we configure emww/epicor to find the relevant data when we scan the barcode?

eg if we do a Part tracker scan in emww and our 2d barcode had  partcode, creation date and lot number details stored, how can emww be configured to look for the Part code data?

i do see an option in emww scanner settings for “dividing characters for multi-id barcodes”

but i don't see how that provides structure to the scan? 

5 replies

Userlevel 4

There are a couple of ways to do this:

Pre-Defined Templates

There are some pre-defined templates that can be configured to be used on various entry pages 

Example: 

Go to Settings | Shipping and select the drop-down against the multi-scan barcode format and you will see some examples.  You can then set the appropriate template for the appropriate area

User Templates

You can create your own templates for some areas (e.g. PO Receipt | Move Inventory etc.) .  These templates can be Fixed or Dynamic

Example:

Go to Settings | Scanner Settings - Template section.  Select an area to apply the  template to  (e.g. Move Inventory Transaction).

Barcode

Template

Result

4234-553

fixed:${poNum}-${packSlip}

poNum = 4234 packSlip = 553

So what you need to do is setup the required template against the available areas

Hope that helps

thanks for this Sue

i will get a look at this and try your suggestions! 

i may be back with questions :)

mal

Sue

do you have a list of the variable codes that can be used here? or a reference guide that i could use etc?

thanks

mal

i have found the emww reference guide which is useful! but i see no list of possible variable names apart from what is used in the examples

also, i have setup a template on move inventory entry/transaction, dividing character set as  *

Fixed:${partNum}*${qty}

when i then scan a QR barcode created with an online qr generator that has text behind it as

0007-JC-BRS-SFFB-BODY*100

i get an error stating that “ This type of multi-value barcode is not supported in the form”

when i set the the QR code to just be 0007-JC-BRS-SFFB-BODY, it scans fine?

any ideas?

mal

though in Purchase order receipts i could pass PO num and pack num from the 1 barcode!