Solved

Engineering Workbench Latest Kinetic

• 2 November 2021
  • 3 replies

i have just installed the latest version and update of Kinetic today and have been looking to play around with it. 

I was just in the engineering workbench about to create a BOM, when I noticed that i couldnt change the quantity fields for the number of parts. 

Am I being completely stupid here, have I missed something

When I load a part number in the quantity field is greyed out. I don’t remember having that issue in the past

icon

Best answer by M.Jamieson 3 November 2021, 09:57

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4

Dear Mark, 

I have confirmed in our 10.2.500 system that the Qty Per Parent field remains un-greyed and able to accept input, from the moment “Add Material” is selected, through manually keying the material part number or after pulling-in a part from the search feature.  Looks like you found an issue; I would advise opening a case.

All best,

..Monty.

I’ve just raised a case then and I will let you all know what the outcome in. Unless its utterly embarrassing and I’ve missed something very obvious.

But like you have said normally when I click on Add Material, that field becomes available

I’ve found out what the issue is. 

There appears to be a field called Number of Pieces which seems to have placed itself on top of the quantity field. Just moved the fields out of the way and everything was ok. 

Not sure if this number of pieces field has any use, but it totally tripped me up.