Question

Epicor Collaborate

• 8 December 2021
  • 3 replies

Hello everybody,

Has anyone implemented Epicor Collaborate or using it?

Thanks

Dimitris

3 replies

Userlevel 1

Adding myself to this topic as I am interested in it also and the benefits of it. Our users have been utilizing MS teams for their quick communication tool. I believe collaborate will help in the sense of having record linkage in the chats but does another tool provide the benefits or create more confusion. Thanks for posting interested to see what users say about it.

Userlevel 4

I saw demos of this feature at Insights two years ago, but at that time it wasn’t possible to have those messages go to a group or department, only to an individual user.  Of course, over time, employee turnover being what it is, the history of messages could get lost as easily, maybe even more easily, than with email.  That is, without custom features being added to show the history.  I’m watching to see whether this issue gets addressed in future releases, as I also think Collaborate could be a game changing module.

Userlevel 2

Added it, tried it, stopped using within a month.

Concept is nice, but our users would not switch from Outlook/emails, as it was not worth the effort to learn ANOTHER Kinetics system from Epicor that may be dropped.