Question

Error with WIPReport Report Definition

• 8 August 2023
  • 2 replies

• Known Participant
  • 61 replies

We have a couple custom report styles for the WIP Report.  Things were running fine for many, many months, and then suddenly when we tried to run the reports it gives an error:

Program Ice.Services.Lib.RunTask raised an unexpected exception with the following message: RunTask:
System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: An error has occurred during report processing. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ProcessingAbortedException: An error has occurred during report processing. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessingException: Query execution failed for dataset 'RptParameter'. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Invalid object name 'RptParameter_7609a185543d4930a32a86635fc24c6d'.

Each time we try to run it, it looks for the same temporary table in the SSRS database instead of creating a new table each time.

If I try to copy the WIPReport definition to a totally new definition, it still errors even if I don’t modify the definition.

The standard report still works but doesn’t have the additional data we added to the other styles.

Our Test environment still works but that data is a couple of months behind, so something happened since that data backup in July.

Anyone encounter this before or have any ideas why the report data is not being generated?

2 replies

Userlevel 3

If the error is always the same GUID at the end of RptParameter, then see if the GUID was hard-coded into the query for the dataset.  Perhaps someone was testing with a hard-coded RptParameter table and had the data archived for a year, now it has been purged out of the database and that GUID is no longer there.  You’ll see in the query how the GUID is normally appended to the table name on the other tables.  Do this for RptParameter and you should be good.

That’s what I looked at as well.  The query still contains the _" + Parameters!TableGuid.Value  for all the tables.

Epicor doesn’t even create the tables.  I’ve watch the SSRS database and no addition TWip_ tables are created except for when I run the standard report.

I’ve had instances where the rdl file was not correct, but Epicor was still creating the data for it.