Question

Fulfillment Workbench: Reduced Quantity

• 13 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2

K2022.1

It appears that Fulfillment Workbench only allows an “all or nothing” approach to order line fulfillment.  Sometimes we want to ship a line as partial, and would like to reduce the picking quantity to match what we actually found in the bin, and unreserve/unallocate (actually unpick) the remainder.

Has anyone found a way?

4 replies

If you have AMM, there is a setting in Site Config to allow partial picking.

Userlevel 2

Thanks Kevin!  I don’t know what the UI looks like when that’s enabled; I should find out the details today.  The setting may be necessary for my updatable dashboard to work.  In FWB, when a user does “unallocate and unreserve” to send picking quantity back to the unreleased state, a trace tells me that the OrderAlloc data set with a full record for OrderAlloc and OrderAllocSupply, for every line in the sales order, gets processed.  So if an order has 85 lines (ours sometimes do in the parts department) if I use Fulfillment Workbench instead of a uBAQ to do this, the users will spend a lot of time waiting, when all they wanted was to un-release from picking, a single line of the order.

Userlevel 2

@Kevin Miller 

Dear Kevin, 

Thanks for your reply!  This is the one I found…

Allow partially reserved or allocated SO to be Released for Picking check box

...however when I made that change and saved it, Fulfillment Workbench doesn’t seem to accept a quantity other than the full amount of the O/L/R (all quantity fields continue to be grayed out in the form) and it also doesn’t change the behavior of my uBAQ which attempts to do a partial UnallocateAndUnreserve on the PartAlloc record.

Do you have anything to share about either reducing picking quantity, or doing a “release for picking” on a reduced quantity of an order/line/release?

All best,

..Monty.

Hi Monty,

If you allocate by lot/bin, then you can select a specific quantity.

Hope that helps your situation.

Best Regards,

Kevin