Solved

Getting details of similar past configurations

Userlevel 1

Good morning fellow Epicorists,

I have been given a requirement for the Product Configurator that has kind of blown my mind!

The products we are trying to configure are superabrasive grinding wheels which are hot press moulded using a hard resin medium. Getting the press settings (tonnage, temperature and cure time) right is a bit of a dark art, so what production want to do is keep a history of all past configurations with the press settings they have used before so we can see what settings we have used in the past for wheels of similar dimensions, bond types, concentrations, etc. when creating a new configuration.

Saving the configuration to a history file is no problem, I have achieved this with an On Save expression that writes the configuration details to a UD table.

Retrieving the details and getting them to display in a sensible format is causing something of a headache. I have written a UD Method which is triggered by a button click, which searches the UD table based on the current inputs in the configurator, but the most I have been able to do with it so far is concatenate the fields and returned records from the UD table in one huge text string, and write this to an editor box in the current configuration. Not ideal.

What I would really like to do is present the returned search results in grid form, and ideally include functionality for the user to select the closest matching search result and return the press settings to the active configuration. Is there any way of doing this, or am I being asked the impossible?

Kind regards,

Peter

icon

Best answer by richard.whalebelly 17 May 2022, 11:24

View original

2 replies

Hi Peter

Unfortunately can’t help but if you are looking for help can I suggest Neil Jones from https://www.blueskyerp.co.uk/ he heped us with our configurator that has made it a lot easier to manage.

Userlevel 1

If you are putting all of the data in a UD table, why don’t you access it with a dashboard?

If you are trying to do it from within Product Configurator, I assume you have several drop downs that you would like to populate. You can use a BAQ or a UD Method to create the appropriate dynamic list in the combo box. Your existing fields would be your parameters limiting the BAQ or UD Method.