Solved

How to assign a workflow to a item you printed from epicor erp?

• 28 February 2022
  • 4 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

I’m working on  a SSRS Breaking/Routing Rule for a report which saves a purchase order print out from erp 10 to epicor ecm/docstar.

When I view the item on ecm, a workflow has already been assigned to the document. My question is how am I able to change the workflow assigned to the document which automatically runs when its printed/saved from epicor erp to epicor ecm.

icon

Best answer by neil.shilson 1 March 2022, 09:41

View original

4 replies

Assign the workflow to the content type in Docstar, this will move the document to the required workflow.

Userlevel 2

Neil is correct - the default workflow is the one attached to the Content Type. You can manually move the document to another workflow in ECM, but you could also alter the workflow to ‘determine’ which workflow the document needs to be in and move it there.

For example, you create a content type called “Generic” with a workflow called “Determine Content Type and Workflows”. Each APR routing pushes the document to ECM as Generic, and the workflow takes over to determine which Content type and/or additional workflow the document actually needs to be in. Someone just needs to keep up with that generic workflow and take care of any documents who haven't moved along.

How would you make APR Routing push the document to ECM to a new created content type such as “Generic”?

Userlevel 2

In APR, in the Attach Document widget, you specify the Doc type (which needs to be previously setup/linked between ERP Doc Type and ECM Content type)