Question

How to handle DMR material not processed in same day

• 10 March 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2

In regard to DMR material from a job, if it is not dispositioned the same day, then when we run MRP (scheduled nightly) the system sees unfulfilled demand and spits out new supply suggestions. If we decide that the material can be used then we don’t need more material to be issued, another job to be created, or more material purchased to fulfill this specific demand.

It is my understanding that this is how the system is designed to work, but is there anyway to get it to ignore DMR material that is limbo?

(we are on dedicated tenant on 10.2.700)

2 replies

Not the best solution, but this helped. For Purchased parts, we created a BPM to display a message at PO Line Entry if the part being entered had any open NCR/DMR on it. Then the buyer would discuss it with Engineering or Manufacturing to determine whether to buy or not. We didn’t do anything to have MRP ignore them and we haven’t address it on the manufactured part side yet, because the parts we make for our machines tend to be repeat.

We have this same problem.  For now what I did was to create a BPM that gets triggered when the buyer clicks buy on the suggestion.  It looks for any open DMR’s for that part and gives a warning to the buyer.  I believe I did the same thing if they try to create a PO manually.  I also created a Suggestion dashboard that shows them open DMRs and open inspection records plus a lot of other data.  We’re still on E9 right now and are in the process of going to E10